The following data protection information will inform you about the nature and scope of the processing of your personal data by us.
Personal data relates to information that is or can be directly or indirectly attributed to your person. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves in particular as the legal foundation for data protection.
Data processing by us can essentially be divided into various categories:
For contract processing purposes all data will be processed that is necessary for the implementation of a contract with us. If external service providers are also involved in the execution of the contract, for instance logistics companies, agencies or service providers, your data will be passed to them to the extent necessary and processed by them for the specific purpose concerned.
When you access the us website and other us platforms, certain information is exchanged between your device and our server. This may also be personal data. Data collected in this way is used to optimise our website.
Personal information that you provide us with when filling out contact forms, by telephone, by e-mail or via social media is treated confidentially. We use your data solely for the purpose of responding to your customer request. In order to identify you as a customer or to process your request, we may use data that you have provided to us. We collect more than one means of contact to enable us to deal with your query as efficiently as possible. This is done on the basis of legitimate business interests to ensure we can provide prompt query resolution, provide store/product information, handle comments/complaints and respond to product quality concerns in the most efficient way possible to maintain customer satisfaction as a cornerstone of our business.
By interacting with you and fielding your customer query we may collect and process the following information depending on the category of your query (availability, quality, suggestions etc.) and the information you provide to us:
• Personal details
• Email address
• Residential address
You may provide further details relating to your person that were not prompted but this would not be processed unless relevant to the query at hand.
Accessing our website
When you access our website, the browser used on your terminal device will, automatically and without any action on your part, send
• the IP address of the requesting web-enabled device,
• the date and time of access,
• the name and URL of the requested file,
• the website/ application from which the access was made (referrer URL),
• the browser you are using and possibly the operating system of your web-enabled computer as well as the name of your access provider
to our website server where they are temporarily stored in a so-called log file for the following purposes:
• ensuring a smooth establishment of the connection;
• ensuring convenient use of our website / application;
• evaluation of system security and stability.
We categorically exclude the dissemination of this data to third parties.
The data is stored for the duration of navigation on our website and automatically deleted thereafter.
Online presence and website optimisation
Cookies - General Information
While most of the cookies we use are implemented by default, you can set your browser to not store any cookies and to delete all existing cookies by adjusting your browser settings.
Besides the right to revoke the consent you have given us, you have the following further rights if the respective legal requirements are met:
• The right to request information about your personal data stored with us
• The right to request rectification of incorrect data or completion of incomplete data
• The right to request deletion of your personal data stored with us
• The right to request restriction of processing of your data
• The right to request data portability
• The Right to object to the processing of your personal data
Right to be informed
You have the right to receive, upon request, information about the personal data stored with us about you, free of charge. This includes in particular:
• the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
• the categories of personal data that are processed;
• the recipients or the categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerned have been disclosed or are still being disclosed;
• the planned duration of storage of the personal data concerning you or, if specific details of this are not possible, criteria for the specification of the retention period;
• the existence of a right of rectification or deletion of personal data concerning you or of a restriction on processing by the data controller or of a right to object to such processing;
• the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
• all available information about the origin of the data, if the personal data was not collected from the person concerned;
• the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling. In these cases, at the least, receiving meaningful information about the logic involved as well as the scope and desired impact of such processing for the person concerned.
If personal data is transferred to a third country or to an international organisation, you have the right to be informed about the appropriate safe guards in connection with the transfer.
Right to rectification
You have the right to seek the immediate rectification by us of inaccuracies in your personal data. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data and add newly available supplementary information.
Right to deletion
You have the right to request from us that personal data concerning yourself is immediately deleted, if one of the following grounds applies:
• the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or have been processed in any other way;
• you revoke your consent, which supported the processing originally, and there is no other legal basis for processing;
• You object to the processing where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• the personal data has been unlawfully processed;
• the deletion of the personal data is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation;
• the personal data has been collected in relation to services offered by information society services as referred to in Article 8 paragraph 1 GDPR
Insofar as we have made the personal data public and are obliged to delete it, we will take appropriate measures taking into account the available technology and the costs of implementation, in order to inform the third parties who are processing your data that you also request from them that they delete all links to the personal data and copies or replications of the personal data.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request from us a restriction of the processing, if one of the following requirements exist:
• the correctness of the personal data is disputed by you;
• the processing is illegal and you request a restriction of the use of the personal data rather than its deletion;
• the data controller no longer requires the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but the person concerned requires them in order to enforce, exercise or defend legal claims or
• you have raised an objection to the processing, so long as it is not certain whether the legitimate grounds of the data controller outweigh those of the person concerned.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data that concern you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transfer these data to another data controller without hindrance by us, insofar as
• the processing is based on consent or on a contract and
• the processing takes place with the aid of automated procedures.
When exercising your right to data portability, you have the right to ensure that the personal data is transferred directly by us to another data controller, insofar as this is technically feasible.
Right to object
In particular instances, you may object to data processing for reasons arising from your particular situation.
The above general right of objection applies to all processing purposes described in these data protection regulations, which are processed on the basis of legitimate interests. Unlike the special right to object towards data processing for advertising purposes, we are only obliged by the GDPR to implement such a general objection, if you give us reasons of paramount importance for this, e.g. a possible risk to life or health.
Point of contact in case of questions
In the case of questions on the website, other us platforms and related to marketing information or to exercise your rights with regard to the processing of your data (data protection rights) you can contact us: mail [at] keycravings.com